Conference Day 1
8:00 am - 8:45 am WELCOME, REGISTRATION & REFRESHMENTS
8:45 am - 8:50 am IQPC WELCOME
8:50 am - 9:00 am CHAIRPERSON OPENING REMARKS AND ICEBREAKERSimon Barrow - Founder and Consultant, Simon Barrow Associates
9:00 am - 9:30 am LEVERAGING DIGITAL TO CREATE A SIMPLE, FUN AND ENGAGING EMPLOYEE EXPERIENCESharon Doherty - Global Organisation and People Development Director, Vodafone
Claire Sherwin - Employee Experience Digital Programme Manager, Vodafone
9:30 am - 10:00 am WHY WORK MUST CHANGE
Two decades of employee engagement measurement puts the UK at only 30% engaged – a figure that has barely
improved since records began. But some of the l’s best companies have been quietly doing things differently. Their
stock market returns are twice the general market, and their voluntary staff turnover is half. These companies are
disrupting markets and beating their competition.
In this inspiring yet practical keynote, best-selling author and entrepreneur Glenn Elliott will share his research of
the world’s top performing companies. He’ll weave case studies and practical takeaways into The Engagement
Bridge™ – his ten step model for building a high engagement, high innovation culture. You’ll leave empowered and
inspired to make positive change in your own organisations and unlock the full potential of your company’s most
important asset – your people.
10:00 am - 10:45 am PANEL DISCUSSION: HOW CAN WE FACILITATE THE UNDERSTANDING AND DEVELOPMENT OF THE EMPLOYEE EXPERIENCEEoin Cotter - Internal Communication and Employee Engagement Advisor Poppulo
Gill Peden - Head of Employee Experience, Sandvik
Nebel Crowhurst - Head of Talent, River Island
Claire Sherwin - Employee Experience Digital Programme Manager, Vodafone
- Pulse feedback tools, employee wellness apps, modern communication, productivity tools
- The role of leadership and management
- Where do we start?
Eoin CotterInternal Communication and Employee Engagement Advisor
Gill PedenHead of Employee Experience
Nebel CrowhurstHead of Talent
Claire SherwinEmployee Experience Digital Programme Manager
10:45 am - 11:15 am MORNING NETWORKING BREAK WITH PASTRIES AND COFFEE
11:15 am - 12:00 pm EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: CAN EXPERTISE IN THE MANAGEMENT OF THE EMPLOYEE EXPERIENCE AND THE EMPLOYER BRAND BE A CAREER SPRINGBOARD?Simon Barrow - Founder and Consultant Simon Barrow Associates
Glyn House - Managing Director, Caffe Nero UK
12:00 pm - 12:30 pm RBS – RESTORING PRIDEKerry Freeman - Head of Culture, RBS
- 2008 financial crash – the implications on employee engagement
- 2017 employee engagement scores
- Continued journey to RBS being recognised internally and externally as a great place to work
Kerry FreemanHead of Culture
12:30 pm - 1:00 pm PANEL DISCUSSION: PUTTING EMPLOYEE FEEDBACK AT THE HEART OF YOUR EMPLOYEE EXPERIENCENick Matthews - General Manager EMEA Culture Amp
Louise Dilworth - Group Head, Performance & Engagement, TP ICAP
Caroline Scott - Director of People Operations, Skyscanner
Esther Smith - Global Head of People, IQPC
1:00 pm - 1:30 pm BRIDGING THE GAP BETWEEN EX AND CXKelly Hartman - Chief People Officer, Flywire
Sharon Butler - EVP Education, Flywire
1:30 pm - 2:30 pm NETWORKING LUNCH
INCENTIVISING AND EMPOWERING YOUR EMPLOYEES2:30 pm - 3:00 pm AN AGILE AND INDIVIDUALISED EMPLOYEE EXPERIENCE Karl Jolly - Director of People, Welcome Break
- Implementing work provisions which will drive your employer value proposition, expand the candidate talent pool and retain highly valued
- How can we collaboratively innovate to create the ultimate competitive differentiator in our employee experience?
- Working with leadership to promote employee wellbeing
Karl JollyDirector of People
INCENTIVISING AND EMPOWERING YOUR EMPLOYEES3:00 pm - 3:30 pm REWARD REBELS ‘WITH A CAUSE’ - HOW TO BE A REBEL AND DRIVE CHANGE Debra Corey - Author and Group Reward Director, Reward Gateway
- Why the old way of doing rewards just isn’t
- What have companies done to be rebellious?
- Examining case studies on various areas
of reward, such as performance management,
wellbeing, pay, benefits and recognition.
- Tips to help you go back and immediately make
a difference to your company
Debra CoreyAuthor and Group Reward Director
INCENTIVISING AND EMPOWERING YOUR EMPLOYEES3:30 pm - 4:00 pm NO ‘MOODHOOVERS’ HERE Linda Jodrell - Chief People Officer, Citation
- Citation shares its story of an easy-to-implement cultural change and engagement programme, which led to measurable business results
- From this practical session, you will be able to take away some easily applicable ideas and actions that don’t require a ton of time or money
Linda JodrellChief People Officer
DESIGN AN ENVIRONMENT THAT ALLOWS EMPLOYEES TO THRIVE2:30 pm - 3:00 pm CASE STUDY: STEPS TAKEN TO CREATE A DIVERSE AND INCLUSIVE EMPLOYEE EXPERIENCE Lindsay Beresford - Head of Employee Experience, Royal Mail
- Attracting women to a traditionally male dominated environment and creating the right environment for them to
- Training as a key differentiator in determining an employee’s experience
- Creating a diverse learning and development programme to create a positive employee experience for a diverse
- Measuring engagement of a diverse population of people to understand the influences on employee
Lindsay BeresfordHead of Employee Experience
DESIGN AN ENVIRONMENT THAT ALLOWS EMPLOYEES TO THRIVE3:00 pm - 3:30 pm HUMANIZE THE EMPLOYEE EXPERIENCE USING DATA AND TECHNOLOGY
Being a modern global company that engages your employees doesn't have to be a challenge- even if they’re spread around the world. Find out what they want and how (and when) to communicate; boost their satisfaction with and commitment to your organization by making it a personal, relevant experience made up of engaging touchpoints throughout their journey with you. We'll discuss: our tech insights, employee data applications, and the ingredients you need to have for success!
DESIGN AN ENVIRONMENT THAT ALLOWS EMPLOYEES TO THRIVE3:30 pm - 4:00 pm DELIVERING A PEOPLE STRATEGY WHICH IS REFLECTIVE OF OUR BRAND Jennifer Veevers - Head of Employee Experience, Virgin Media
- Meeting and exceeding high expectations to attract and retain top talent
- Continually improving your strategy and striving to do better – what does this look like in practice?
- Investing in the employee experience as you do the customer experience
Jennifer VeeversHead of Employee Experience
4:00 pm - 4:45 pm TECH DEMO! HAVE A TASTER OF THE BEST SOLUTIONS FOR YOUR EMPLOYEE EXPERIENCE NEEDS!
4:00 pm - 4:45 pm HAVE A BREAK - AFTERNOON TEA AND NETWORKING
4:45 pm - 5:15 pm FROM ANNUAL ENGAGEMENT TO EVERYDAY EXPERIENCE - A NEW APPROACH TO MEASUREMENTRyan Tahmassebi - Business Psychologist and Head of Delivery, Hive
- Hear why organisations are starting to switch focus from employee engagement to employee experience
- Understand what this means for utilising employee surveys and feedback
- Explore some of the cultural challenges and barriers to creating this kind of change
- Learn some good practice from organisations embedding this new approach to measuring the employee
Ryan TahmassebiBusiness Psychologist and Head of Delivery
5:15 pm - 6:00 pm ROUNDTABLE DISCUSSIONS
In groups of no more than 12, you will consider one of the below topics (look at your badge to know which!). Each table will have an elected spokesperson who will prompt discussion to ensure everyone on the table is participating. At the end of your hour of strategising, your spokesperson will feed back to the room. The topics are below with some factors to consider.
1. How can we disassociate location and productivity? Considering technology, management style, fostering
teamwork and communication, and transitory teams, how can you set up your company to cope?
2. Employee wellness: Reduce stress, enhance work-life balance, and corporate social responsibility
3. Diversity and inclusion: Is it possible to accelerate the pace of change towards a more diverse and inclusive
workforce? Consider worker compensation, recruitment, and cultural management