Conference Day 1
8:15 am - 9:00 am WELCOME, REGISTRATION & REFRESHMENTS
9:00 am - 9:05 am IQPC WELCOME
9:05 am - 9:15 am CHAIRPERSON OPENING REMARKS AND ICEBREAKER
9:15 am - 10:00 am CREATING ORDER OUT OF CHAOS: DESIGNING AND IMPLEMENTING A GOAL SETTING PLATFORM TO INCREASE PRODUCTIVITYKim Atherton, Chief People Officer,Ovo Energy
- Running a tech team of 10 software engineers to create a platform which increases productivity
- Designing an engagement and goal setting platform that is user friendly, will be utilised and will have an impact
- Empowering employees to understand how their work fits in with the bigger picture
- 85% active users per month and an estimated save of £3 million per year
Kim AthertonChief People Officer
10:00 am - 10:30 am WHY WORK MUST CHANGEGlen Elliot, CEO,Reward Gateway
Two decades of employee engagement measurement puts the UK at only 30% engaged – a figure that has barely
improved since records began. But some of the l’s best companies have been quietly doing things differently. Their
stock market returns are twice the general market, and their voluntary staff turnover is half. These companies are
disrupting markets and beating their competition.
In this inspiring yet practical keynote, best-selling author and entrepreneur Glenn Elliott will share his research of
the world’s top performing companies. He’ll weave case studies and practical takeaways into The Engagement
Bridge™ – his ten step model for building a high engagement, high innovation culture. You’ll leave empowered and
inspired to make positive change in your own organisations and unlock the full potential of your company’s most
important asset – your people.
10:30 am - 11:15 am PANEL DISCUSSION: HOW CAN WE FACILITATE THE UNDERSTANDING AND DEVELOPMENT OF THE EMPLOYEE EXPERIENCEGill Peden, Head of Employee Experience,Sandvik Nebel Crowhurst, Head of Talent,River Island Jane Smyth, People Development Director,National Trust
- Pulse feedback tools, employee wellness apps, modern communication, productivity tools
- The role of leadership and management
- Where do we start?
Gill PedenHead of Employee Experience
Nebel CrowhurstHead of Talent
Jane SmythPeople Development Director
11:15 am - 11:45 am MORNING NETWORKING BREAK WITH PASTRIES AND COFFEE
11:45 am - 12:15 pm RBS – RESTORING PRIDEKerry Freeman, Head of Culture,RBS
- 2008 financial crash – the implications on employee engagement
- 2017 employee engagement scores
- Continued journey to RBS being recognised internally and externally as a great place to work
Kerry FreemanHead of Culture
12:15 pm - 12:45 pm BUILD AN EMPLOYEE FEEDBACK PROGRAMME THAT WILL WORK FOR YOUR ORGANISATIONNick Matthews, General Manager EMEA,Culture Amp
Make your company a better place to work, by making it easy to collect, understand and act on employee
feedback, we enable HR leaders to make better decisions, demonstrate impact, and turn company culture into a
Nick MatthewsGeneral Manager EMEA
12:45 pm - 1:15 pm CASE STUDY: STEPS TAKEN TO CREATE A DIVERSE AND INCLUSIVE EMPLOYEE EXPERIENCELindsay Beresford, Head of Employee Experience,Royal Mail
- Attracting women to a traditionally male dominated environment and creating the right environment for them to
- Training as a key differentiator in determining an employee’s experience
- Creating a diverse learning and development programme to create a positive employee experience for a diverse
- Measuring engagement of a diverse population of people to understand the influences on employee
Lindsay BeresfordHead of Employee Experience
1:15 pm - 2:15 pm NETWORKING LUNCH
INCENTIVISING AND EMPOWERING YOUR EMPLOYEES2:15 pm - 2:45 pm REWARD REBELS ‘WITH A CAUSE’ - HOW TO BE A REBEL AND DRIVE CHANGE Debra Corey, Author and Group Reward Director,Reward Gateway
- Why the old way of doing rewards just isn’t
- What have companies done to be rebellious?
- Examining case studies on various areas
of reward, such as performance management,
wellbeing, pay, benefits and recognition.
- Tips to help you go back and immediately make
a difference to your company
Debra CoreyAuthor and Group Reward Director
INCENTIVISING AND EMPOWERING YOUR EMPLOYEES2:45 pm - 3:15 pm AN AGILE AND INDIVIDUALISED EMPLOYEE EXPERIENCE Karl Jolly, Director of People,Welcome Break
- Implementing work provisions which will drive your employer value proposition, expand the candidate talent pool and retain highly valued
- How can we collaboratively innovate to create the ultimate competitive differentiator in our employee experience?
- Working with leadership to promote employee wellbeing
Karl JollyDirector of People
DESIGN AN ENVIRONMENT THAT ALLOWS EMPLOYEES TO THRIVE2:15 pm - 2:45 pm BRIDGING THE GAP BETWEEN EX AND CX Kelly Hartman, Chief People Officer,Flywire Sharon Butler, EVP Education,Flywire
DESIGN AN ENVIRONMENT THAT ALLOWS EMPLOYEES TO THRIVE2:45 pm - 3:15 pm CREATING AND IMPLEMENTING A COMPELLING EMPLOYEE VALUE PROPOSTION Darren Cross, Chief People Officer,Safari Kid International
- What did we want to achieve from our EVP?
- How did we understand what our employees and potential employees needed, to create a positive employee experience?
- Continually measuring success of implementation, and evolving the employee experience with our EVP at the heart
Darren CrossChief People Officer
Safari Kid International
3:15 pm - 3:45 pm TECH DEMO! Have a taster of the best solutions for your employee experience needs!
3:15 pm - 3:45 pm HAVE A BREAK - AFTERNOON TEA AND NETWORKING
4:15 pm - 4:45 pm NO ‘MOODHOOVERS’ HERELinda Jodrell, HR Director,Citation
- Citation shares its story of an easy-to-implement cultural change and engagement programme, which led to measurable business results
- From this practical session, you will be able to take away some easily applicable ideas and actions that don’t require a ton of time or money
Linda JodrellHR Director
4:45 pm - 5:45 pm ROUNDTABLE DISCUSSION
In groups of no more than 12, you will consider one of the below topics (look at your badge to know which!). Each table will have an elected spokesperson who will prompt discussion to ensure everyone on the table is participating. At the end of your hour of strategising, your spokesperson will feed back to the room. The topics are below with some factors to consider.
1. How can we disassociate location and productivity? Considering technology, management style, fostering
teamwork and communication, and transitory teams, how can you set up your company to cope?
2. Employee wellness: Reduce stress, enhance work-life balance, and corporate social responsibility
3. Diversity and inclusion: Is it possible to accelerate the pace of change towards a more diverse and inclusive
workforce? Consider worker compensation, recruitment, and cultural management